Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ain't it Funny

I think it is funny how things work. Take this as an example; I put my heart out there and had some of the greatest moments of my life because of it. I learned how to love again and I would not trade that for anything. Well now that I screwed that relationship up, it is funny how my heart won't let go. I hear plenty of people saying it is over. In fact I have heard it from the one I love that it is over. But for some reason, my heart doesn't want to listen. It still holds on to hope. It just refuses to let go. And because of that there is a lot of pain and depression. It is what happens when you love someone and they don't want to love you back. I know she doesn't love me and I know she will never love me, so why can't I let go and move on? Why do I still hope that one day, against everything, she will come back? Why can't I get her out of my head? Why is it that no matter what I do I can hear that wonderful laugh of hers and see those beautiful eyes? I guess my mind can't get over her either. Why did I have to love someone so wonderful and then screw that up? Why? I know nothing I say or do will make her change her mind, so why hold on? Another thing that is funny is how I can go my whole life without any regret until I had the chance to be with her. She came into my life and we started dating. Little did I know I was going to have a huge regret coming. My regret is not that I was with her, but that I was too stupid to not marry her when I had the chance. She is everything I wanted in a women and I let her slip through my fingers. Ain't it funny?

"Heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But, doctor...I am Pagliacci." Good joke"

No comments: